amazing grace, how sweet the sound

Last night was a victory for the world.
I am so happy that I am smiling ear to ear. I feel so overwhelmed and proud that it brings tears to my eyes. For the first time in my life I feel like I belong to something that is bigger than myself. I am so glad that the politics of fear has come to an end. I am so thankful that I have been given a new reason to find faith in humanity, despite having lost my uncle in the grimness that was 9/11. I am grateful of our constitution and its profound words, "We the People of the United States of America." I feel like there has just been a collective group hug worldwide. I am elated that other nations in the world are impressed by the US today. I wish that I had a baby so that I could squeeze him or her and tell them how much I love them. I would tell him or her to never give up hope, never stop believing. I feel like for the first time in my life there is a future for our communities and our country that I, and my family can be a part of. I am ecstatic that I have an intelligent and humble leader whom I would follow to the ends of the earth if he asked me to. I cannot wait to work for and make this future of possibility happen here on earth.

No comments: