I'm not even sure why I'm posting these images.  They are from a historical house in NSW, Australia, and for some reason they intrigue me.  Maybe it's because I tend to like things that aren't overly "done," in the sense that things are so decorated that they look twee, or overly matchy.  I think good interiors, like good homes, tell the stories of the people who have lived in them.  And when I look at this old house I can't help but wonder about the people who have lived it, including as the article indicates, Miss Aphrasia Maughan.  Aphrasia Maughan, now there's a name.

images and article from Real Homes

3 comments:

Marcella said...

It's interesting how wallpaper is cool again. Anything, apparently, can come back around. Also, "twee" is a pretty excellent word.

Krystal said...

yah it seems very rustic, it is interesting! would be neat to see who lives there!

Liz Stanley said...

there is such warmth to them. beautiful