I'm not even sure why I'm posting these images.  They are from a historical house in NSW, Australia, and for some reason they intrigue me.  Maybe it's because I tend to like things that aren't overly "done," in the sense that things are so decorated that they look twee, or overly matchy.  I think good interiors, like good homes, tell the stories of the people who have lived in them.  And when I look at this old house I can't help but wonder about the people who have lived it, including as the article indicates, Miss Aphrasia Maughan.  Aphrasia Maughan, now there's a name.

images and article from Real Homes

3 comments:

Marcella said...

It's interesting how wallpaper is cool again. Anything, apparently, can come back around. Also, "twee" is a pretty excellent word.

k said...

yah it seems very rustic, it is interesting! would be neat to see who lives there!

Liz Stanley said...

there is such warmth to them. beautiful