Growing up in the 90s

Lately I've been experiencing some major nostalgia for the 90s. I think perhaps it was watching old MJ videos last weekend that made me think back to when MTV actually aired those beautiful and artistic videos, and it sort of snowballed from there. I was a precocious not quite teenager in the early part of the decade before moving onto full fledged teenage-dom as the era entered its prime. Taking cues from my older sister, I watched Anton Corbijn's videos, the original Real World, and devoured Seventeen and Vogue. The images of Corbijn, Ellen von Unwerth, Steven Meisel and others were cemented in brain. And when my family moved to Paris in 1997, I learned first hand how the city of lights is truly the fashion capitol of the world. So put on U2's Achtung Baby, and away we go...
{from top to bottom: Peter Lindberg photographs models - Vogue 1990, Italian Vogue cover May 93, Ellen von Unwerth photograph in Italian Vogue 1990, Kate Moss Vogue 1993, Ellen von Unwerth date unkown, CK One Ad from 1995, Amber Valleta in Harper's Bazaar, Kate Moss in British Vogue 1993.}

No comments: