Husband is a Funny Word

I don't know about you but I have a hard time using the word husband. Even though I love being married, it sounds... well, how to put it, foreign to me. Like an acquisition. I've been married for almost a year now, and have tried using it now and then but for the life of me I just can't get used to it. Fiancé was worse. Ugh, I hated that word, so much so that by the end I was introducing my A. as "my boyfriend, partner.... We've lived together for six years and um it's been great and, oh yeah, we're getting married in a few months." I might as well have thrown in our address and our social security numbers while I was at it. So what do I call my significant other, then? The term I prefer? My Alex. Because that's who he is. He is my, mine, my very own, unique, A.

No comments: