how about them apples.

I'm writing from Gettysburg, Pennslyvannia, the home of A's maternal Grandmother. A's family owns a large apple farm and fruit packing business, and today we were lucky enough to go for a hike through the beautiful wintry woods. The East Coast is SO different. I haven't really been here (besides our wedding in June) for a year and a half--the longest time away since I moved West over five years ago. It's dark and cold and damp. But the hills here have a quiet beauty, and I'm so happy to be visiting such wonderful family. After the weekend we'll be heading to another place associated with apples--New York, the Big Apple. I can't wait. We're going to the opera, going to take in a few museums, catch up with family and friends, and shop! I love the West, and am a Westerner through and through. But as the old saying goes, you can take the girl out of New York but you can't take New York outta the girl.

No comments: